Thursday, November 7, 2013

Anne's Book - the continuing story

Hi All,

My book is now on it's 3rd year of existence. I liked my themes and decided that I wasn't ready to be done with it yet. Petr's fabulous sketches of everyone gave me an idea about how I'm going to fill in any spaces when I get my book back at the end of this year.

So you have 2 themes
The Little Things in Life
Strangely Normal

There are also 5 places where you can put your piece - just join on to any existing piece and use as little or as much space as you like.

My piece to start is a mixture of both - the little things in life is seeing the last leaf on a tree. It's strangely normal, as I keep on with my embroidery theme but wanted to explore something different, so went for a barely there approach - keeping the colours very close to the colour of the material.

It's a bit too subtle in the photo, the 3D effect of the embroidery adds a bit more in real life.



1 comment: