Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Hoping For Happy Accidents


I'm so pleased to get back to this. Just sorry it took so long for inspiration to strike. The theme of my book is 'Hoping for Happy Accidents'. Coming back to your own country, where supposedly you belong, inevitably forces you to take stock of things so far. Nothing very original, but nonetheless pretty powerful. I have decided that my life has been a serious of unplanned events, crazy diversions and random experiences. I wouldn't change it for the world but what do you do with that mode of living when you find yourself trying to 'settle down'. To be honest I don't even know what that looks like so I guess I can't fuck it up (can you swear on this blog?). Anyway, crazy year full of wonder that has been balanced by the sometimes not so great. It turns out that it is true that you learn a lot from the crap. The tiny text on my collage reads 'Grey is often misunderstood'.
I'm going to dedicate this to my pop who died this week (can you mention death on this blog?) He was 97. He was a sheep wheat farmer in the flat brown of the Australian wilderness. He had a hand like a baseball mitt.
xx  

2 comments:

  1. oh, ruth, not just your piece is totally dope and awesome and really just fucking great (i guess you can swear on this blog then) but your writing brought me (please, consider my heart of stone wrapped around in a thick layer of sarcasm) to the edge of tears, sorry and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! and layered and thoughtful and so Ruth! And I am delighted and scared and have no freaking clue what to do with this theme, as there are so many things I could do - I will leave it to Petr to lead the way and hopefully my thoughts

    ReplyDelete